- Over 15 years writing internet software
- Know the value of writing maintainable software
- Proficient at API design and implementation
- Skilled in object oriented design
- Experienced at maintaining legacy software and documenting inherited software projects
- Successfully worked remotely with distributed teams
- Enjoy using open source software to solve business problems and reduce operating costs
Please read some of my thoughts on software development.
Responsible for maintaining a social media monitoring web application. Developed new APIs for other internal systems to consume. Contributed to performance optimizations and bugfixes in legacy software. Wrote system administration scripts to automate deployments of server instances at AWS and Azure.
April 2008 - July 2012
Worked on porting their crisis preparedness and communications platform from ColdFusion to Java. Created a persistence API using Hibernate to model existing database schema.
August 2006 - November 2006
Implemented features and fixed issues in their existing Java EE platform. Integrated TARGUSInfo lead verification system into their real estate web application.
Worked in the software development group of Professional Services. Responsible for identifying and fixing bugs in a large enterprise Java financial system.
senior software developer
Febuary 2002 - sept 2005
Designed, built, and maintained a Java EE-based Mobile-Content Management and Delivery system which provided our client with a way to manage thousands of files from many different sources in a wide range of formats. Platform utilized Linux, PostgreSQL, Hibernate, EJB, XMLC, JBoss, Tomcat, and a number of open source Java projects. Worked full time from home office.
Developed Java EE web applications on Resin Application Server. Applications included support tools for Network Operations personnel and customer facing web portals for managing their VPN credentials.